My Father
It was a Wednesday in November 2001 when my brother told me that our stepmother called him and told him that our dad was in the hospital because he was very ill. Apparently, he had a very serious case of cirrhosis. Cirrhosis is a widespread disruption of normal liver structure by fibrosis and the formation of regenerative nodules that is caused by any of various chronic progressive conditions affecting the liver (as long term alcohol abuse or hepatitis). He had been struggling with this disease for a while now.

One day he accepted the Lord and he decided that he would stop his chronic drinking and smoking. Well, his body freaked out and went into a major withdrawing phase.  My stepmother also told us that very night that the doctors had only given him a few hours to live. They told him dadís liver was so bad and had stopped functioning.

We lived about 1 ½ hours away from dad.  As soon as I heard the news, I immediately began to ask my brothers and mother if they were coming with me since I decided I would drive there as fast as I could to pray for him.  They all agreed and we left.  As soon as we got to the hospital, my two brothers and I went in to the hospital while my mother and my two daughters stayed in the car, (children were not allowed in the hospital).  Finally, I reached the floor where dad was and walked into his room.  Dad looked very very ill.  It makes me very sad when I remember how he looked.  He was 52 and looked 80 yrs old. His body had shrunk.  He was so skinny; his cheeks were sunk into his face.  And his eyes were like those of a very old person (just staring at meÖwith no movement).  He could not speak, move or eat.  The doctors said my father hadnít urinated in two days.

My stepmother sat at his bedside very quiet and very sad.  Upon seeing dad in his state, tears filled my two brothers eyes.  They took a seat at the end of his bed and cried silently as they were filled with deep sadness.  I remember quite vividly walking into the room with the feeling and faith that dad wasnít going to die today.  I persistently told my step mother and brothers that dad was not going to die but live.  They just looked at me as if I was crazy.  So, I stood on the opposite side of my father from where my stepmother sat.  I opened my bible that I had brought with me for the trip and began to quote faith and healing scriptures out loud while everyone listened.  At this time, I did not think dad was able to hear or see me since he was pretty much out of it. I anointed his head with oil that I brought with me (a gift from a member at the church a couple of weeks before). I came upon a couple of scriptures, James 5:14 ďIf any is sick among you, he should call upon the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord and the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven.Ē  And Matthew 18:19 ďAgain I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.Ē

After reading those scriptures, I told my brothers and my stepmother to join hands while we pray out loud for dad. We were determined to believe and stand on that prayer of faith. Everyone was assigned to do one thing while we prayed.  My stepmother prayed in the spirit while my brothers prayed for dad and I quoted those two scriptures and prayed by faith.  During the prayer, I placed my hand over dadís body (where his liver is) and continued praying out loud for dad and standing on the Word.  Towards the end of the prayer, while my hand was placed on dadís liver, I felt on my hand this intense heat coming from dads body (where the liver was).  Then I felt this peace inside the room.  After that, dad said he needed to get up and go to the bathroom. (he hadnít gone in two days!!!).

After prayer, I needed to get back outside to the car with my daughters and exchange places with my mom so she could come inside to pray for dad.  It was about 12 am or so, and my girls and I needed to sleep in the car until my brothers were done seeing my father.  All I could think about was not to stop praying. I kept thinking about the time when Jesus told his disciples to pray and not fall asleep.  So, I prayed and prayed until finally, an hour or so went by and I fell asleep in the front seat of the car.  ThenÖ about 4am, my mom and brothers left the hospital and we were going to sleep for the rest of the night at my dads and stepmothers house for some.

The next day we planned to see my dad again at the hospital.  It was 11am the next day (Thursday) and as we were getting ready to leave, my step mother called to tell us that dad was being released from the hospital.  The doctors did not know why my dadís body was getting better and why he was getting up and talking and moving and also hungry.  He was so much better that they told him he could go home and stay on some meds.  My stepmother told us that they would be a while coming home because my dad was talking and asking her to stop for fried chicken. (the night before, approximately 12 hours earlier, he did not even have the strength to eat,  talk or move).  Everyone was so happy and amazed. But we all knew that God had done a miracle that Wednesday night.  He went from the deathbed to being healed!! I truly believe that prayer works!  Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith. Dad is very much alive today.  He says he remembers how his family prayed for him. He has given his live completely to the Lord.  His work isnít done here on Earth.

Do you have a miracle story that you would like to share?
Please mail it to me and I will post it on this site.
Thanks for stopping by.

                            Go back to  Miracle Stories                                            Go to the next story

This page address: