The skillet was on the burner, grease
warming to fry the steak when I turned to fix a salad. I forgot the skillet
until all at once flames shot up and the skillet was on fire. I panicked,
not knowing what to do with the flaming skillet. I pulled it off
the burner but the fire raged on. I turned one direction and thought
I must take it out of the kitchen. If I took it through the garage,
I knew I would never make it around the automobile into the driveway.
And I though if I took it through the den out to the patio I had to go
through the dining area around the table and chairs. Neither way
could I get it out of the kitchen. I turned to the sink and immediately
something told me that water would be disastrous. Just as plain as
if someone was telling me to put it in the oven and close the door!
Immediately the fire went out. With smoke and fire damage to cabinets
and ceiling and trips to my doctor with hands that had a few burns and
blisters, I thankfully think it was a small price to pay. Iíve learned
since that I should have placed a lid on the skillet to douse the flame.
But that day in my ignorance God took control perhaps saving our home and
perhaps my life.
Go back to Miracle
Go to the next story
Do you have a miracle story that you would
like to share?
Please mail it to me and I will post it
on this site.
Thanks for stopping by.
This page address: